26.6.10

that guy seems to think (part 2)



I couldn’t hit the falsetto notes like Barry Gibb, and I sounded like a frog’s croaking. But that didn’t matter at all. The song spoke of my situation.

“And how can you mend a broken heart?
How can you stop the rain from falling down?
How can you stop the sun from shining?
What makes the world go round?
How can you mend this broken man?
How can a loser ever win?
Please help me mend my broken heart and let me live again.”

My heart’s bleeding faster than the doctors can mend it. I closed my eyes and pictured you once again. It hurt so much. I wept.

It’s good to see you enjoying your life, going on like nothing ever happened. Maybe I’m but a shadow in your past, meaning nothing much to you now. Have fun with your life now, don’t worry about me. I’ll suck in all my sorrows, and perhaps cry myself to sleep every night.

I dare not think of what it could have been if I had kept my emotions to myself. Maybe we could have still been together. But it’s all too late.


Farewell.