18.3.18

I took my sleeves and rubbed it against the window. It's interesting how you start to notice things you were once blind to. Maybe we need to be on the outside to see things clearer. 

Did I choose to be on the outside? No, I was forced out. I was dragged out to the streets against my will. I, once a respected member of the inside, was kicked out by the people I once loved, and spat on by the people I once kissed.

I fiddled with the lighter in my hand, and asked myself, "Will this really be worth it?"

---

The sword on the battlefield does not distinguish between the good and the evil. The victor determines who the heroes and villains are. 

My mouth was feeling parched, and I struggled to breathe. My hands started to bleed from gripping the sword too tightly. Everything in me wanted to give up. And so I fell to my knees and shut my eyes, awaiting the fates to overtake me.