15.5.16

Haunted we are, by the shadows of our past.
Darkening our future, changing our paths.
Tinted is everything I see around me,
Haunted I am, by the shadows of my past.

Haunted we are, by the shadows of our past.
Growing ever so long, under the light of the beginning.
Can we ever outrun this shadow, that our future may be free,
Nay, I say, haunted we are still.

Scarred we are, by the memories of our past.
Some of which, we know not of.
Yet these are which, that will dictate our future.
Scarred we are, by the day of yore.

Repeat we will, if we learn not from the past,
Ah yes, that's what they said.
Yet here we are, fumbling without knowing,
Repeat we still do, repeat yet again.

How far will the shadows grow?
How much can we outrun our past?
Or are we shackled,
predestined to walk forever in the shadows of our past?