20.1.12

someone like you


I sat there stunned for a moment, not knowing what had just hit me. For some reason I just tuned out from life, and was in my own little world. Then I realized - it was the weight of the words the song carried. In the middle of a busy street on a regular working day, there stood a street musician with his guitar in his hand, crying out the lyrics of the famous Adele song.

Never mind, I’ll find someone like you.
I wish nothing but the best for you.
Don’t forget me, I beg
I remember you said,
Sometimes it lasts in love but sometimes it hurts instead

And in my mind, I saw nothing but your face. I guess I should move on. It’s been 2 years now. There’s definitely someone out there just like you, or maybe someone better. And yes, I do wish nothing but the best for you and your current girlfriend.

But deep down I knew. I didn’t want someone better. I didn’t want someone else. I wanted you, and you alone. No one else can complete my life better than you.

And then I teared. And life still went on. The streets were still busy with movement of the corporate world. But for me, life was but a standstill.